Monday, July 30, 2012

Meal Plan Monday


Welcome back to Meal Plan Monday! I know I have slacked on this, but I plan to get back on track. I am changing my format on this just a bit. Instead of posting what we will be eating for the upcoming week, I will be posting what we made the previous week (Monday-Sunday). I haven't been real great at meal planning lately, but this way I will have something posted every week and I will be able to comment on what I made for the week. We try new recipes quite often and I will be giving a bit of a review on these as part of Meal Plan Monday.

Please let me know if you try any new recipes and how they were. I will try some of them out and they might end up a part of Meal Plan Monday.

Meal Plan 7.23.12 - 7.29.12

Monday
Spicy Basil Chicken w/ white rice
   - I have made this recipe several times now and it is delicious. I make it slightly different because we don't like to use the fish sauce. This is possibly my favorite dinner right now, it is easy and cooks quick.

Tuesday
Cheddar Potato Soup
   - We picked up a packet of the Shore Lunch Cheddar Potato Soup at our local grocery store. It was a just add water deal. We added some green onions and chopped up bacon to this. You could add just about any topping you want, we liked the onion and bacon to make it similar to a loaded baked potato soup. My only complaint with this soup is that it was overly salty.

Wednesday
Sloppy Joes w/ Baked Potatoes (regular potato for C and sweet potato for me)
   - This sloppy joe recipe (by America's Test Kitchen) is by far our favorite. For a while, C was asking for these every week. This week I used a 100% whole wheat sandwich thin as my bun and I must say, it was delicious.

Thursday
Grilled Chicken w/ Steamed Broccoli
   - Grilled chicken is a go to for us when we can't think of anything else to make. We used the Weber Beer Can Chicken Seasoning on our chicken and it is so good. I didn't have time to marinate the chicken, which is what we usually do. I simply steamed the broccoli on the stove and drizzled a bit of soy sauce on it when it was done.

Friday
Homemade Grilled Pizza w/ Mozzarella, Cracked Black Pepper, Green Onion, and Speck
   - We recently tried grilling our pizza and it is so good. Using the grill created a very crispy crust that you just can't get in a regular oven (even with a pizza stone). These toppings have become a favorite of ours. What are your favorite toppings on homemade pizza?

Saturday
Homemade Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
   - We have been making this recipe for years. We both love caesar salads but we ahve always been hesitant of using raw egg in our dressing. We substitute the egg for silken tofu and it works wonderfully. We simply grill our chicken with a little salt and pepper and put it on top of our salad.

Sunday
BLT Sandwich w/ Steamed Summer Squash
   - This one is pretty simple, just a BLT. We decided to spread some of the leftover caesar dressing we had on the bread instead of mayo. We bought some heirloom tomatoes and used the Costco pre-cooked bacon. I steamed some summer squash as a side dish for myself and C had a sliced tomato with his.


*Note: I am not being compensated for mentioning brand names, these are just the products I use and like.

No comments:

Post a Comment