Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Two Minute Tuesday


I know I am not so good about posting anything new (except my meal plans). Part of it is, I have many ideas, I just don't always know how to put them down into a post and feel good about what I wrote. I was doing a bit of research on how to open up as a writer and I found a blog called "The One-Minute Writer". I thought this was an interesting concept. A prompt is posted everyday and you write for one minute on the topic given.

I think I want to give this a try but instead of one minute I will do it for two minutes. I'm not sure I will use the prompts given there but I have looked up other prompts and hopefully come up with my own along the way. These topics will vary from memories to opinions and maybe even a creative story here and there. I am going to try to make this a weekly occurrence to get my writing.

Prompt: Childhood Memory - Everyone has early memories of their childhood, recall the earliest or most vivid memory. 

I was about 4 years old. My family was in San Francisco and we were near the Golden Gate Bridge. My parents bought me a pink sweatshirt with a picture of the bridge on it. I remember driving across the bridge and eating at a Chinese food restaurant. The sweatshirt was light pink with a zipper that went about 1/2 way down. I cannot remember anything else from this trip, but what I can remember is pretty vivid for a 4 year old.

Wow, that is hard. I thought I would be able to write so much more in two minutes. The time goes by in a flash. The only edits I made was spelling errors.

If you try this please leave me a comment with what you wrote in two minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment